I’ve been taking photos of the last suminagashi batch so that if and when I cut them apart, I won’t miss them. 😉 (Part of the nature of suminagashi is that it never turns out the same way more than once.) This set turned out much more photogenic than the last — although that may also be partially due to my experimenting with the light settings on my camera.
Today was overcast, so I used the “Cloudy” setting on my camera, even though I was indoors with only window light. This gave me a batch of photos which appeared dim (all values were shifted towards the black point in the Levels histogram), though I was able to adjust how the computer read the files by using a Levels adjustment layer in Photoshop and hand-tweaking each color layer, which worked out more aesthetically pleasing than letting the computer take care of it through Auto Levels. I’m actually really amazed that it worked (for most of them, anyway):
Heh! Nice! Ah, right: I’m hoping you can click on the images to see a larger version!
Like I said in the last relevant entry, I changed my working pattern for this set. I can see where it would be useful to rinse off some of my papers after printing them — two or more got a weird haze of ink over the top (though I tossed one of them because it was so messed up); another got blotched by my not drying excess water, which caused a pooling effect. Overall, though…it worked!
I’m trying to fight an urge to go back and try this again…mostly because I don’t want to have to clean off the craft table again, but….