Taking a break, as I’ve found that sitting on the floor drawing, isn’t the best thing for my back!
I went over that piece which draws off of Durer’s with a 6B graphite stick. It looks a lot better, now:
Because I did that exercise, I can see that if I wanted to do a comic in graphite, I should be able to set up my digital camera to take proofs. For some reason — and it may be obsolete, as the copier/printer which had this issue is no longer in service — my scanner used to misread graphite pretty badly. (Possibly from the reflectivity?) This isn’t an issue, however, with the camera. I would need to learn new Digital Photography skills then, though, and set up a photo booth. At least now I know it’s possible.
You can (I can) kind of tell that I used to be a person who drew in manga style before entering Fine Arts classes, here. This is after John Singer Sargent. Because it was a looser style, this one was relatively easy to do. I screwed up another one of the busts I was referencing today, so I won’t show you that one (I used too dark of a pen for cross-hatching), but there are two other drawings: one I did today, the other yesterday (and completely forgot about). They are both from one preparatory drawing of Sargent’s.
I think I’ve got it in me to try an attempt at my last referenced image. After that, it will all be life drawing from then on out.