Stage One of this image is done. I wanted to get it sealed before I started adding (more) major foreground elements and haze — with fixative, I can easily remove the raindrops and haze without damaging the underlying layers. Without it, I can’t.
I’ve left it to offgas for the next short while, before I can work on it again.
It actually looks fairly decent, but I am working against the clock (or rather, the Sun), here — I will probably have to either spray it again early tomorrow morning (and then wait an hour for it to dry and probably more for it to stop stinking), or I’ll have to submit it without a second coat. This is if I want to get the extra credit possible for not taking the extra two weeks to work on it.
The good part is that it stopped raining. The other good part is that I’ve realized that the air intake for the heating system is not where I thought it was, so maybe I can finish this tonight and just leave it out to cure for a while. Not all night — dew would not be my friend, here — but I might be able to make this work, and it might not burn down the garage.
Basically, I’ve been working on this since about noon, when my supervisor called me to ask if I could come in to work, today. If I had worked on this yesterday, instead of betting on having the time and energy today to do homework, I might have been able to do it. As it was, though — I needed the time to work on my assignment, because this was the last day to start and not look like I was slacking. (Then M wanted to yell that if I wasn’t going to work, I needed to do homework, so at that point, I got up.) I’m not working on the clothing assignment for Figure Drawing, because it’s not that important that I work on that RIGHT NOW.
I will need to photograph what I have before I continue work on it, but I wouldn’t bet on those photos being up before 10 my time (in about four hours). I’m really hoping I can complete this, tonight.