Prepping for a plein-air experience…

You know, that pumpkin I used in my avatar is still in existence.  It’s just starting to look jowly.  It’s kind of sad.  But it is from October of last year, so I suppose it is a testament to its strength that it is still cohesive at all.

I realized after I got out of the shower that I needed to arrange my things for tomorrow, more than working on the 20-point oral presentation (yes, I looked it up).  I have to go on a field trip in the morning; I have no idea how much water I’ll have to pack in and out with me, but…well…

At least I have a rag and a cup to fill my water brush with — and a water brush.  That should help, a lot.  I don’t know how I’m supposed to clean my good brushes in the field.

I was also supposed to pick up a 2’x2′ piece of plywood for Figure Drawing tomorrow, but the amount of links on the course site scared me away from looking there until tonight.  It’s too late to get a piece of plywood now (and then carry it around all day tomorrow?).  So I’m thinking that I will not be able to do whatever with that, that my teacher wants us to do.  (I’m also thinking that we may not even get to the point of using it.)  That in turn means that I will have one period left to work on this project in-class.  I’m thinking of attempting to work on it before class on that day, and/or turn it in late.  For some reason I’m not quite sure of, it doesn’t seem like turning these things in late is at all unusual.  And I was legitimately sick, which the half of the class which turned in the last assignment late, wasn’t entirely.

And I am getting a bit burnt out.  I hope dropping the Lab will help with this.  My friend who likes the full schedules — I don’t know how she does it.  But, we’re two different people.  Maybe I just need more leeway in my time in order to avoid severe resistance.

I should remember to leave my two Figure Drawing pads in the car for the field trip; that’s an extra several pounds I won’t have to haul around for three hours.  Come to think of it, I could have done that with the plywood, too.  M was just noting how ridiculous it was that I would be expected to lug this around for eight hours…

I actually don’t think I’ve carried this many units since I graduated about a decade ago — and I’m working, which I wasn’t, then.  I suppose it is only lower-division stuff, but still.  It does require time, and effort, and that means I don’t get to do stuff that I want to do.

If the water brush works out, maybe I’ll get the two smaller sizes on Wednesday.


Published by


Haru ("Codey") is a third-year Master's student in Library and Information Science, hoping to find a way to fuse their desire to make the world a better place and to finance their art.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s